Many of us have already made our 2021 resolutions. In our personal life, we may have set health, wellness, relationship – even travel goals. But what about work productivity goals?
Kick-off the new year strong with these productivity tips:
1) Schedule downtime. In this virtual world, it seems meetings can fill up entire days. When is there time to get actual work done? Consider blocking off time on your calendar for administrative tasks such as responding to emails, inputting data, or performance review initiatives. This is a good way to ensure all the little things don’t slip through the cracks between meetings.
2) Ensure your network is up to speed. Don’t let technology hold you back. If you find yourself having trouble connecting, hearing audio in meetings, or unable to perform some of your online work functions, consider enhancing your at-home Internet network. When you are experiencing issues, reference our troubleshooting tips here.
3) Set productivity goals. Make a daily, actionable list of all the things you need to accomplish. Checking off items such as “Read and respond to email” will give you a sense of accomplishment in the new year. Consider utilizing Microsoft OneNote to keep track of all your to-dos for the day. It is a great tool that can be shared with colleagues for team projects as well.
4) Be available, but step away from your devices when necessary. Take some breaks away from your screen. Here are some additional ways to stay productive while giving your eyes a screen break.
5) Arm your toolbox with applications. In our better business series, we reviewed several small business departments and provided technology enhancements to help teams do better work. Check out our Spotlight on Sales to see if any of these ideas inspire you.
Interested in learning how your business can use the latest technology to enhance productivity? Contact us. We’d love to help you achieve your better business.